Monday, October 11, 2010

My Final Report for my MDA META attachment...

Thought I'd share this email exchange with you guys... just really want to thank God for how He blessed me with this attachment... and led me through this one year's period of guidance in exploring and refining my passions ... and more importantly, how these passions play a part in His plans for me...

from Yeo YA
to catherinekhoo.sg
date Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 5:09 PM
subject Re: September Report


Dear Catherine,

My final report [for the MDA META attachment report]:

This one-year's attachment has been a very interesting journey of exploration. With much thanks to my boss' patience guidance, I discovered that I have a big passion for designing educational software for children - not so much developing new technologies, but exploring how to use the many existing technologies that we already have, in order to teach creativity to the next generation. :) And my boss imparted this key principle to me, which I think makes a great farewell "gift" for me to keep: "Don't just work hard for the next forty years. Find what you really love to do, and find out how to use your passion to help other people. Then work hard at it for the next forty years. That's how you can really make your work count beyond your life." And another principle that I learnt from her is that she's not content to just employ people to come into her company and get things done. She wants to help everyone who comes through her company to discover and develop their potentials and purposes just that little more. I hope to carry on these principles (and many more that I've learnt from her and my other colleagues) with me wherever I go to in the next chapter of my working life. Thank you, Catherine! :) It's a great blessing to work with you.

Warmest regards,
Yeu Ann


from catherinekhoo.sg
to Yeo YA
date Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM
subject Re: September Report


Dear Yeu Ann:

This is the greatest compliment I have ever received from anyone in my 50 years. I am glad I helped you find your passion. More important, now that you have found it ..... don't ever give it up, no matter how difficult or lonely the road! You can do it, if you believe in yourself!

Take care and speak soon,
Catherine Khoo
Managing Director, Janus Education
Publisher, Experiences & Experiments Books
Founder, Young Author Club
http://catherinekhoo.sg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inspiring. =)

shuyi