Thursday, October 14, 2010

Is It... The Correct Medicine?

An old friend called me today to share about some depression and discouragement that he was going through. I'm glad that I can be there for him. Grateful also for what he said: "I'm glad you didn't give me those politically correct answers - those kind of answers saying 'you shouldn't feel that way, you shouldn't be so sad...'. Those kind of answers people get from watching TV shows."

Thank God for my brothers who wisely taught me the value of just listening, esp Hanhui and Peter :)

Sometimes we feel tt we have to give answers to help the other person. But... do you understand the person's problem accurately first? Yes, your medicine may work wonderfully. But how do you know that it is the correct medicine?

:)

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: