Monday, February 18, 2008

Thank You also for KS who came for service today. :) And that he was really touched by the New Testament I gave him... esp since he doesn't have a Bible at home.

Thank You for sending him along... and for using someone like me.

Thank You for Your grace, testing me and putting me through moments of insecurity... knowing that You are training me to be more and more secure in You.

And thank You so much for Yanjie's looking-out for me. :D Felt very touched by his thoughtfulness... and I learnt a very practical thing about caring for your friends from his example that day. (And a deeper understanding of what caused me to make the decision to sulk in my insecurity, worrying frantically in my heart what others will think of me for "disappearing" even though I had told someone else in advance...) instead of deciding to have a Christlike attitude... ah! another time, the test will come again...

Thank You also for the sermon today - it was really very meaningful... the yoke... You are alongside me! :) that You pull the yoke together with me.

Thank You for the soccer match today, and how You helped me have the right spirit... for Jason's great spirit, that inspired me too to give my best... and I know that You see my heart, even though I lack skill.

Thank You esp for Huaqiang's helping me (tog with what You spoke to me in prayer a few days before) understand that my expectations regarding my CG have to be adjusted... about having new "wineskins" in the Adults ministry ...

And thank You for helping me understand today that even though the "wineskins" in Adults ministry is very different from the students ministry... the motivation behind the different approaches and structures is one and the same: Love God and love His people. =)

And thank You for putting thoughts of goodness into my mind, thoughts such that You enabled me to be happy once more, and to really have a good time with the other bros and sisters... and now, I find freedom to care much more for my CG... what a freedom it is, when you finally understand... it frees you to really give without any expectations of receiving in return... truly, Jesus, as You said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." AMEN! :D

No comments: