Sunday, February 24, 2008

His Eye Is On The Mynah

Today on my way to church I saw a dead mynah on the ground. It lay on the grass, and it looked as if it had died about a day ago.

Tenderly textured in soft broken feathers. I wonder how it died. Was it knocked down by a car as it flew? How young was it? Or was it old?

I had a pet mynah before - about two years ago - ever since it was a baby chick. We helped train it to fly on its own. And interestingly enough, my maid said she saw this particular mynah hopping around - not flying - and approaching strangers, in a chirping noise, as though asking for food.

That sounded so much like our mynah. (I still miss it.) I wonder if that was our mynah now on the grass. Could it have been...?

Only God knows.

And at that point, it struck me that hundreds of mynahs fly and die in one day. And not one of them falls and lie on the grass without Him seeing.

And if I noticed the death of a little bird, how much more our heavenly Father notices our lives!
Matthew 10:29-31
29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
This reminds me of a very beautiful old song that I read about ten years ago, when I first became a Christian.

His Eye Is On The Sparrow
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me!

[more...]
:)

No comments: