Monday, February 11, 2008

:) and You heard me.

I just woke up. Very surprised again - it was a twelve-hour nap. I've never slept so early before. Maybe it was a supernatural rest from God.

And to my surprise again, Edmund sent me this SMS last night. It read:
"Come to me, all you are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light." matt 11:28-33. Hey Yeu An, hope that you are able to rest and recharge as you continue to seek God.


Felt incredibly touched by this message - because this Bible verse that he sent me was so timely. I think God Himself sent this SMS through Edmund. It's so timely. Because I was so weary and burdened.

And Jesus told me to come to Him, and He will give me rest. To be honest, one fear I had was other people saying that this is just self-pity that I'm dwelling in... I guess to a certain extent it's true, but ... yah, it is a great comfort to know that when Jesus Himself tells you that He understands... you know that He does understand. That your pain, your tiredness, your exhaustion is very real, and you really need rest deep within.

*tired*

It's a strange thing - this unusually long nap, Edmund's SMS and the sudden verse that I heard whispered to me when I woke up just now.
Psalms 42:8
By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me-- a prayer to the God of my life.


I don't think there's a very hard, firm, logical explanation for all this... but I know with all my heart that God was watching over me as I slept last night. Like how a mother sings a lullaby over her tired baby, so my Father was singing His song over me as I slept.

Oh! :) Back to the SMS again.

"take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart"

and this verse from the SMS... felt Jesus was speaking to me clearly here. That He wants me to TAKE HIS YOKE upon me, and learn from him, how He would respond if He were in my skin, in my shoes.

Yah. Take His yoke upon me... that is, submit to His Lordship. And i realised that my heart had been unwilling to submit fully to His will, that i wanted everything to be smooth-going, that i wanted to be liked by everyone, to be perfect in my own eyes. But He corrected me through this word of His.

After all, as Christians, aren't our lives meant to bring glory to God and to enjoy Him forever?

And yet... He spoke so gently to me. Ooh. Now here's a real gentleman for you - Jesus Christ. :) hee. it touches me very much that He is gentle and humble in heart.

*sigh*

i really felt His gentleness today. :) and just feel so AWED in the light of His intense humility. the Humble God... who could have ever thought of such a concept? when mankind did believe in a God... they always thought of an almighty God before whom no one or nothing can ever stand.

But a humble God? Kneeling down to wash our feet?

*trembles*

It's a strange thing, this experiencing God today. I really felt totally unspiritual, totally broken-down. Felt horrible, pathetic and down in the dust - as a matter of fact, felt like mud.

Yet, strangely there, it wasn't in my glories that I found Him again, but rather, it was He who found me in the dust. And He gently knelt down and helped me up again. It's strange... I guess it's my own mindset. Somehow I found Jesus (or accurately, HE found me) in the midst of my brokenness.

=)

"and you will find rest for your souls."

He knows.

"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

No comments: