Saturday, February 2, 2008

Oh yes. After the WFL, some of the brothers and sisters all went for supper at McDonald's.

'Twas a good time had by one and all, and we feasted on Twister fries, sundaes and hot tea. :)

Anyway... it's very heartwarming, 'cos... everyone of them in the group is attached already. Almost every bro is attached to one of the sisters in the group... and it was so hilarious but also very encouraging listening to the brothers share testimonies of how they told their significant others their true feelings.

Oops! I was starting to dwell in sweetness there and then. 'Cos was thinking about a certain sister. ;)

But! All in the Father's perfect timing. Thou shalt not rush, YA. "Delight yourselves in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart." :D

But actually, thank God, it was a small breakthrough for me... 'cos a lot of thoughts (not only BGR dreams etc) were going through my mind at that time. But thank God for His help... I remembered my prayer to Him yesterday that He'd put me through situations like these to help me grow in emotional self-control - i.e. not being distracted by my thoughts and emotions. It was a difficult mental battle to take captive of these thoughts, but yeah, with God's help, I triumphed in the end and exercised self-control.

(Encouraged also, 'cos a dear friend prayed this prayer for me too: that You'll put situations in my way to help me grow.)

Thanks Lord for hearing our prayers... =) Great is Your faithfulness! And excited to see what new battles for my heart and mind to be fought... but I need Your help here Lord to grow, 'cos I can't do that on my own! And help me remember that it is BECAUSE OF YOU that I choose to grow, to be holy in all I do... it is YOUR LOVE that must compel my heart's motives, and nothing else. Yes, in Jesus' most wonderful name, amen!

No comments: