Sunday, February 10, 2008

CNY

Ok... now dashing off a few paragraphs before I go zzzz for tomorrow's HopeTots :)

Just want to thank God for the good time with my relatives. First day, had a great time to catch up with my nephews and nieces. Whoa. One of my nephews is now in Sec 1, ACS(I). My niece is in ACJC year 2. But what was esp heartening was that she's been going back to church (more like taking a look) - her friend's inviting her for a church service tomorrow. :D

Very heartening, very encouraging. Wow... it seems only like yesterday that they were such small kids... and now one of them is ready to go to university.

Very funny. My niece and I started chatting about BGR stories and the like. LOL.

ah! two others: one more niece (aged 5 years) and one more nephew... (17 months) haiz... both of them are so shy. :P

3 generations of family under one roof - it was such a blessing seeing the new generation of children :D

Such a big contrast to another house we visited... all uncles and aunties, i'm the youngest there... and mostly talking about WWII and what they've been doing since retirement age (the same old thing) and their latest diseases... :P positively depressing!

and it just reminded me how much children are a joy and blessing from God. :D they really help to bring life to the place. in a sense, when you see 3 or even 4 generations under one roof, you are reminded of this quote: "Children are God's way of saying that the world will go on." :D

Ah... some day... if it is ever possible... i'd love to have four children of my own. :D (but have to see if my future wife'll agree LOL. Or we could adopt. that'd be so cool.)

Anyway! thank God for another blessing too. my uncle thoughtfully brought his ancient graphics tablet for me to use. ancient as in it has an RS232 serial port, not USB... so i'll have to buy a serial-to-USB converter. but whee! it's a WACOM tablet... so nice. :D :D :D now can do more drawings on my computer! praise the Lord!

and the ang pows too. :) hee. there ARE benefits to being single, y'know.

ok! today - 3rd day of CNY - we went to shawn's house. Peifang's CG came by too - followed later in the day by Sarah's CG. we played mahjong and bridge and good ol' edmund brought his usual knick-knacks of board games... fun stuff indeed. stuffed myself silly with numerous ferrero rocher chocs. :P and we ate lots of pizza and KFC chicken for dinner.

haha... tk God for these three days of feasting. and oh yea! the DOTA gaming sessions with the bros too. :)

thank You Lord.

No comments: