Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Plank In My Eye

Suddenly, I remember something one of my friends said to me. "Being loved is NOT the same as feeling loved."

And so many years ago Shirley told me that people do love me, but they may not love me in the way that I would expect.

My love languages are words and quality time. So if someone keeps on giving me gifts... mmm... :P or acts of services...

And I complain to them that I don't feel loved by them...

(which I did)...

no wonder.

hey! YA! wake up your ideas! how long has this mindset been? Trust people on the basis on their characters, not from just one isolated incident.

Edited to add:
Was sharing to another bro just now. He wisely said...
Bro:
if you expect certain somethings, it's hard not to be disappointed when people dun give what you din assk for ya?
but if i am going ahead of myself here, then it's ok

[yeu@nn] ... this tired feeling. says:
no no bro
it's ok
you make sense
...
but i suddenly realise something
in a CG aren't we convenanted to care for one another?

Bro:
yes. but that is an ideal, not the minimum where you start from
in a CG you grow to be able to apply the covenantal relationship naturally
but in the process, there is alot of trial and error

Me:
WOW
hee
tks bro
it really makes sense

Bro:
if at any point you think about how you are disappointed, think about the times when you disappoint others
i believe you hold the covenantal relationship very seriously also right? :)
so, if you can lapse, can others not do so too?

me:
you're right bro
hee
plank in my eye
tks so much bro

Bro:
no problem
remember that christianity is not about comparative righteousness, but about carrying each other's burden :)

Me:
bro...
i would hug you if you were here with me

Bro:
haha. thanks
that is refreshing as well. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is indeed refreshing.
thanks for the reminder. =)

Anonymous said...

whoa yanjie! i had just posted this post... and then you suddenly replied... wow... God's timing is really perfect! :D