Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oh yes! Thanks so much Lord for this dear friend's SMS to me... it was a real surprise - totally out of the blue. But think it's very timely - especially the Bible verse that this friend messaged me:

Proverbs 27:19
As water reflects a face,
so a man's heart reflects the man.

It's especially encouraging because I believe it came as a reply to my prayer to God yesterday evening regarding some relationships that I've been working on to build.

And I think it came at the right timing, because my unit is moving to a new sub-district, with many new and unfamiliar faces. To be honest, I was praying and fasting last week, asking God for guidance where He wants me to go. It's very funny leh... the day before the announcement that my unit'd be moving to a new sub-d, I was telling God that wherever He'll call me to go, I'll go.

Was feeling a little worried, 'cos there's a lot of unfamiliar faces in the new sub-district. But again then, it only means one thing: that there's many more wonderful brothers and sisters to get to know! :D Amen and praise the Lord!

And wow, I do believe God did answer my personal prayer for guidance. I was thinking, does He want me to make my own choice here, or does He want me to wait upon Him for guidance? To answer my question, He encouraged me to seek Him for guidance, reminding me from Psalm 48:14: "For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end."

Through a series of events (esp some casual conversations with some brothers over the past few days), I think God's answer is increasingly clear here. :) Hee hee... and the interesting thing is, the sub-D I'm moving to is focusing on missions to Africa! Whee!

:D Hee... I'm thinking of signing up for the GoForth National Mission Conference soon... if you're interested in going too, let me know too - we could go together! I'm especially interested in the workshop about Social Enterprise... and Education... it's something that I feel a stirring in my heart for... to share and feed the next generation of children with the wonderfully and deliciously nutritious news of the Bread of Life - Jesus Christ! :D Yeah and Amen!

No comments: