Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Reading...

Currently am reading "Approval Addiction". I've been reading this book for a while already, but honestly, I really do recommend this book - especially for people who struggle with emotional stability and security. Really thank God for the author who wrote this book - it's very edifying!

Almost every chapter is packed full of biblical principles and very practical advice on how to overcome these struggles with insecurity. But not just that, what I read helped me understand better why I feel insecure.

Hee! I think God really may be answering my prayer for emotional maturity through this book - somehow every chapter helps me see the Bible with a better understanding... it's more than the author's good words - it's the Word that her words point to. And ultimately that is what really matters - putting the word into action.

On a deeper note, the past books that I've been reading: "How People Grow", "Boundaries" and "Approval Addiction" have helped me grow in a deeper understanding of the brokenness of people. And I realised that honestly, when Jesus sees broken people like you and me - He doesn't see us with angry blazing eyes, but rather, a heart overflowing with compassion. Because He knows that you and I are like sheep without a shepherd. Oh, how He longs to gather us and protect us, as a mother hen gathers its chicks under its wings! How He longs to lead us to rest in green pastures, beside the quiet waters, to restore our souls! And oh, how He longs to be our very God, and we, His very people, whom He loves!

=D

Oh dear, I really want to type out everything I've learnt from this book, just to share with you, but I think I'll be flouting multiple copyright laws if I do that. *mutters to himself under his breath*

No comments: