Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Boasting about my weaknesses

After reading a post by another friend just now on standing firm, I realize that often, we're ashamed to boast of our weaknesses. Thank God for this friend - realised even though she struggles with emotional stability (like me), she still takes a childlike delight in learning from her emotional experiences! :) Very inspired by her childlike attitude of learning from others even when she's down. Thank God for you, sis, your actual sphere of influence extends far beyond what you think it is!

This point struck me again (as it has been appearing to me again and again and again for the past three or four days - I kid you not)...
Paul is another funny guy. Paul boasted about his weaknesses! The list is so long, I was very impressed. And the weirdness thing was that he did not complain about it or pity himself, like I would. I would go, "why am I so unlucky. why do bad things keep happening to me. God, what are you doing. Why didn't you prevent these bad things from happening?"


Wow! :) Boasting about my weaknesses... it does take humility to be willing to look like a fool so that Christ's power may be magnified.

It's like a little boy pushing an extremely rock... and his dad helps him carry it...

The proud little boy will say, "I did it all by myself!"

The humble little boy will say, "My Daddy helped me carry it! See how strong my Daddy is!" :)

Hee! Wouldn't it bring a smile to my Daddy's heart, just to hear these words?

Thank You Lord... for these few days of emotional consolidation. Oh God... I do want to grow more and more in the joy of Your salvation every day! :)

And now, Lord, let these words translate into good deeds that please You.

No comments: