Friday, July 27, 2007

"And You will be found by me."

Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
And my heart will find You

Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
And You will be found by me


This week, somehow it seems that my life's just running on normal mode, not really brimming with vim and vigour. Not that I'm feeling very sad or emo, but just that... my heart doesn't seem to be eagerly desiring the things of God.

And think it's because I've been working so hard this week. Been doing my best to keep in touch with God, and really thankful for His strengthening me and encouraging me. Still, it's like... my Daddy is waiting there for me, and I'm running here and there, only pausing for a few moments to just ask Him for this, or that... just like a busy little boy.

When have I taken time to truly sit down and just seek Him for Who He is? To wait upon Him for His daily guidance?

As it is, I'm just living the natural life of the flesh, not the supernatural life of the Spirit that He wants for every believer, at the moment. Tried inviting my colleague for this Sunday, and when he asked me how I'd found the service last Sunday, realised that ... I didn't have very much to say about it.

And that caused me to reflect and take stock of how have I been.

So I need some extended time to just be with God. Tonight we'll meet, just Him and me. =)

*******
And thank God truly for His Holy Spirit. :)

As I was climbing up the stairs to work today, I'd been praying in the Spirit for the past half-hour, as best as I could, but just had a lot of thoughts and concerns and questions about the future, so was telling God about all these things.

And hee... as I almost reached my office, suddenly I found myself bursting into this prayer:

Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
Help me seek You, seek You, seek You
And You will be found by me.


And I think that is the prayer that really expresses my heart's true need, and puts into heartfelt words what I've been wanting to say, but didn't know how to.

Touched. :) The Wonderful Counsellor has interceded for me with "groans that words cannot express".
Romans 8
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

No comments: