Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Whispers of His Righteousness

I was sitting at my desk, and worrying. Then while trying to check my office email, the proxy server was down. So decided to continue reading "How People Grow". Something I realised recently was that I was lacking in desire to read good books, especially the Christian ones... somehow I just didn't want to. Which, think for me, is a symptom of spiritual dryness.

Then as I flipped through the pages, this verse caught my attention. Not very dramatic, but it was just there.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Felt that God was whispering to me these words to me, even though I could have just ignored. But thank God I decided not to ignore... so just read this verse a little more, and ... I think He is speaking to me even now. Realised that all along I'd been wanting Him to shout loudly to me, but realised that He'd rather whisper to me softly and gently, for He himself said that He is gentle and humble in heart. And don't lovers whisper to one another? How much more the God who is Love...

What He whispered to me:
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

No wonder I'd been feeling so amiss - I'd been very seeking after His Kingdom, kingdom-minded, and really desiring to share Christ with so many people...

But I forgot something important too. His righteousness. It's so important for me personally, because in my work, I need to work right with God. That means no sloppy work, no skipping over details, etc...

That, and other aspects of my life. Righteousness. His righteousness. How I want to walk RIGHT with God.

Again I'm reminded of what RF exhorted me when we ate our last meal together: "So many people are smart and talented, but they don't get the opportunities that they need to get ahead in life. And such opportunities can only come from God. So walk right with God, and He'll walk right with you."

No comments: