Sunday, July 15, 2007

Transformation

Edwin wrote about how God has been transforming him. :) And have been bonding with KC - realised he's been growing in humility - wow! very encouraged by these dear friends and bros in Christ.

And that's one of the greatest joys in being disciples of Christ. Transformation. As Ortberg puts it so succintly: "We shall morph indeed." And as the apostle Paul puts it so extravagantly: "

Hmm. Think something that God is pushing me to be transformed in is a servant's heart. To be honest, I'm very quickly irritated when my ma keeps asking me for help every 5 or 10 minutes. Gee. But her love language is acts of service - it's very clear in the way she does little things for me unasked.

It's very funny in a way - my love language is words of affirmation and definitely not acts of service, whereas my mum's love language is the opposite.

Yet... when I'm irritated, somehow I'm reminded (it must be the Holy Spirit convicting me :)) that I have to learn to die to self, to be a servant, to do everything without arguing or complaining.

*******
And oh, something sweet. :) I was helping my mum with the computer, when while waiting for the computer to load up, I wondered how my mum has been feeling. So just took time to look at her a bit longer. Then she looked at me. I guess she was surprised. Then she told me, "You don't look so skinny now. You've put on more weight."

Very terse, but these from my mum - these words speak of her heart for me. :) It's been so long since we last had some real quality time together.

O God, transform my heart more and more till we are changed completely into Your image. In Jesus' name amen.

No comments: