Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Living as a working adult: Vision

Wow, just really want to thank You Daddy for how faithful You have been to me. Answering my prayers... You know, I was praying in the office for my colleagues this morning..and that very day, these two colleagues of mine, somehow, I had a much deeper conversation with each of them one-to-one that day.

And talking with one of my colleagues - wow, it really has been so amazing. EVERY TIME (and I am not exaggerating) I pray in the Spirit at the start of the day - somehow, the day is no longer ordinary nor mundane, but exciting, even if it means that I get "forced" into new (and uncomfortable!) situations. Like, talking about deep spiritual stuff with my colleague. And honestly, so far, it seems that my colleague, even though he is not a Christian, is much, much, more willing to talk about spiritual stuff than I myself am! Wow. Jesus, You really said it correctly in Luke 10:2! And thank God, my colleague is also a very sensible person too when it comes to thinking about religions, spiritual things and the like. :) I have a lot of things that I can learn from him!

So are all these things that happened today a coincidence? Perhaps. But when we pray, these kind of coincidences happen much more often. ;) All glory goes to God!

*******
Attended the 10th anniversary dinner of the Creative Arts Ministry, headed by Kin Wee. I was invited because of my help as a volunteer in the Christmas MM last year. And wow! it was so inspiring, watching the hour-long video that Kin Wee had edited, seeing how the Creative Ministry has been growing since 1997. And not to mention the quality of the video editing... Ps Ben was telling me that this was like MTV! And I said to him that maybe we should sell these videos at Hope Resources - the very best of Hope Creative Arts Ministry! :D thank God for the MM ministry!

Something that struck me as I watched the anniversary video was how 10 years later, after the first creative arts ministry production, was the large number of younger people watching how the first generation of creative arts ministers (e.g. Kin Wee, Caleb, Chris, Vivian...) all gave their best for the glory of God (and still are!) in these past 10 years - and how some of them are married now with children. So it struck me that these younger adults are the creative arts ministers to the next generation of young adults like you and me. People like Sarah, Sharon, How Joo, Daisy, Winnie and so on.

And praise God, the food was DEEEELICIOUS. And what lovely veggies!

And I was very inspired. Actually, ever since last year, when I took part in a dance for HopeKids, I realised that I really do feel God's pleasure in my heart when I dance. "We're gonna dance dance dance in the freedom we know / 'Cos the freedom we know is going to last forever..."

And hee hee, somehow I've felt all along that my body type is suitable for a certain type of dance (clue: it's pretty close to miming). And after a brother's comment that my physique is good for dancing, I've been thinking and praying about the idea of asking Kin Wee whether he has dance classes available. Better to try now, to explore and maximise whatever God has given me, when I'm 25 and still have energy and strength and am still young enough. :D 25 is already pushing it liao haha. So I shall see what Kin Wee has to say... see what God has to say. Maybe He doesn't want me to dance... maybe He does. But anyway, I want to explore, 'cos think this skill would be useful for HopeKids. I'm feeling quite paiseh, but never mind lah, let's be humble and allow God to use me, even if that means I look like a fool in the process. Better to be Christ's fool, than nobody's wise man. :)

So see, this desire to dance points back to the HopeKids ministry that God has already called me to. :) Even my job as a software engineer is very useful for training me in project management, which HopeKids ministry needs. And my company has the opportunity for me to work in either Botswana or Shanghai - which I shared with Ps Ben that I was thinking of. Botswana seems more likely at this moment in time... but again, need to ask God if and when He wants me to go.

And you know what? If I get this Botswana posting, I'll be able to provide help to provide more entry vehicles, and maybe even $ and housing for our brothers and sisters who are wanting to plant a church there. Am inspired by the examples of Aquila and Priscilla - tentmakers who worked together with Paul, and even risked their lives for him and the gospel.

And IF I do stay long-term in Botswana, I think all the skills that I have right now are already very helpful to a young growing church. e.g. excellent in English, IT skills, and even experience in a children's ministry - a good children's ministry is critical to ensuring that families stay in a church actually, and helps to lay the sustainability and foundation of student ministries.

Interesting to see how, as I propose my plans to God, He accepts and amends them in all His perfect wisdom and foreknowledge. I wanted a media job, God gave me a software engineering job. I wanted South America, God may be leading me to Africa (or even China). And I never thought of HopeKids at all, yet here I am, with the dear children in my care. And the Father is increasing my love, patience, burden and skills for them.

Right now I don't have a clear idea of where exactly I'm going, from what I SEE so far.But! we live by faith, and not by sight. Trust God to lead you and me - because no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived, what God has in store for those who love Him - but He has revealed it to us by His Holy Spirit. Jeremiah 29:11!

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He'll give you the desires of your heart." Amen!

No comments: