Monday, July 16, 2007

Wow, there's so many things that I want to jot down recently.

Well, think the most important thing to write down first is the sermon today - "Getting Life on Track" from Micah 6:1-8: Be Accountable, Be Grateful and Be Humble.

Then just some personal thoughts based on Micah 6:8... this verse really kept going on and on in my head after I left the service.
"And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."


*******
1. The part about Being Grateful:

This was one of the points in the sermon, how it can help us keep on track in our walk with God.

Was thinking about this, and though I mentally assent to the fact that God has always been good to me... it's been a very long time since I remembered specifically. In Micah 6, God recounted to the Israelites what He had specifically done for them, like a prosecutor holding up "Exhibit A", "B" and "C" in court.

And I remember that day He first came into my life. I was feeling uncertain about my salvation, but I remember that if what the preacher said was true, then well, I'll take it as true, because I did want to have this Jesus in my life, to transform me, because it was a mess.

And how he changed my heart over time, in inexplicable ways. One of my friends said that I looked different. Was very pleasantly encouraged. Others were stunned - asking me, "How come you're so holy now?"

And I remember the first time that he convicted my heart. That day was when I lost my temper with my mum and hid her laptop because of that. She was so worried when she was in school, finding her laptop missing. But even before I went back home, the Holy Spirit kept convicting me so much throughout the day, that I was in tears as I walked back home. And when I reached back home, for the first time in my life, I just apologised to my mum and listened to her scolding. And strangely, I felt a deep joy in my heart, knowing that God had forgiven me of this sin.

So many things to recount. Like how he helped me during my A levels. And how I told my grandfather, as he was dying on his bed, "I love you, Kong Kong." I doubt I would have ever done that before I became a Christian. Felt a lot of peace in my heart when we were at his funeral, because I know that he accepted Christ into his heart just before he died. That time I was still a very young Christian, but I knew that he'd gone to heaven and I'll see him again.

And how during my uni days, he broke my spirit and humbled me, when I became proud. Stripping me bare, telling me so clearly that day after service - it was almost audible, that voice, I still remember - that He is all I need. How I needed to hear that voice, because He really stripped away everything in my heart, "reformatting" my spiritual foundations and making sure that I understood what exactly it means to be a Christian.

And how, after that period of brokenness of one year (that time I had even entertained thoughts of ending it all), He poured so many blessings and joys into my life... e.g. Ruey Fong's friendship - wow. He really is a blessing from God. :) And how I experienced a much deeper joy than I'd ever experienced before. And breakthrough in relationships with God and people. And a renewed understanding of grace.

And Weizhu's card to me - I'll never forget those words.

Wow. Jesus really is so sweet. His love is truly deeper than anything I've ever known. If all things in this life were to be taken away, I know for sure that He is all I need. Really.

"And there is nothing in this world
That can ever change His love..."


And oh yes! He gave me hope, and even a new name. :) Abraham. And a ministry some more. Burden for children. Hee. I was so surprised, while sharing with Peter about the children, to find tears rolling down my cheeks. Really can see that this is a divine burden that God has placed in my heart for the children of the world.

And now, I think He may be calling me to go to Botswana for a while. Was sharing with Huaqiang and Sarah. Shared with Peter too. I'm not sure, but really have a burden to tell others about Jesus. I'm really not sure - but well, if it's His will, He'll open the doors in due time. And I'm feeling nervous, because it means stepping out of my comfort zone and taking the initiative. But like Abraham, I want to obey and go, even though I may not know where I'm going.

It's strange yeah. But in the end, it's really not the "titles" in church that count. What really counts is your character, and that can only be transformed when you come to know this person called Jesus Christ. He is my dearest friend in this whole life, in this whole world, and there is nothing in this world that can ever take away His love. :) He has done me no wrong, and He has given me so much. How can I not love Him - and yet I still love Him so little! - after all that He has done for me?

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: