Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What I Want On My Tombstone

I hold a lovely book in my hand, "Not I, but Christ", by none other than the beautiful Corrie ten Boom, a powerful and godly woman who helped hide Jews during the Nazi era, and after WWII, went on to share Christ's love all over the world - in her own words, "a tramp for the Lord".

I shall read it... and pray that the Holy Spirit will help me grow in the truth as I read this. :) Think I will write down what I've learnt after reading through that book.

"Not I, but Christ." How beautiful that sentence is! I think I would like that very much to be my life's description on my tombstone. :D

Really, really sense His calling growing stronger and stronger upon my life... I'm getting very excited... and can see how this job offer that He's blessed me with, seems so very in line with something even bigger and more beautiful. Each day, I sense something really divine, really strong coming closer... when, I don't know... but He has already promised this inheritance to all who choose to live by faith in Him. What is this inheritance? I don't know, to be honest. Even the Bible said so. But I think part of this inheritance that He's promised to those who love Him is this: a life full of impact, meaning and purpose. A life full of life, joy and peace. A hope beyond the grave, a destiny beyond the nations, a future beyond this side of eternity. :)

Thank God for this church. :D They really helped me learn to treasure the things of God... to live beyond myself, for the other side of eternity.

No comments: