Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thank God, He really helped me through a stressful time today. Had to handle multiple admin stuff, and unfortunately, I was feeling very melancholic at that time.

(Eh, why do all these multiple incoming admin stuff come in just when I'm feeling mel? :P)

A deep fear that I keep on having is that because of my procrastination, I don't deserve to ask God for His help with all these things, because it's my own fault. And that only makes things worse as I become increasingly mel and more panicky.

But God again reminded me (as He keeps doing so patiently countless times), that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. And we ask Him for His help and guidance, not because we are good - but because HE is good. In any case, Jesus Himself said that no one is good but God alone. And the Psalmist declared, "Good and upright is the LORD;
therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides the humble in what is right
and teaches them his way."

Again, I'm reminded that this is Grace again at work, that beautiful focal point of the Way - grace, being grace, has to be undeserved, otherwise it would no longer be grace. Sweeeet! :D I'm just struck by the sheer humility of God, that though He is sinless and thrice-holy, He stoops down to help us little sinner worms. :') Because He really loves us so much - we are made in His image after all.

Oh. Still, we have to learn and grow... but from time to time... sometimes it's just good to be still, take a rest and let God be God.

Psalm 46:9-11
"He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

No comments: