Friday, May 4, 2007

Just something I said just now that made me think. Singtel called me regarding a modem and some vouchers that they mistakenly sent me.

They asked me to return it to one of the Hello! shops.

To be honest, my thought was: "Hey, this is your fault, so what's in it for me?" Was secretly hoping for some compensation or something like that.

Yeah, that's me... being calculating and greedy even.

Wondered whether this was the best thing to do, I mean, it's really their mistake.

But wondering... what does God think of this?

And I think perhaps He would have me be opportunistic, yes, but opportunistic for the right purposes.

Since this was obviously an act of honesty, I could have used this to let the person on the other line know that it's because of God that I'm doing this... to sow a few seeds of goodness.

To leave a sweet "aroma" in the other person, even if it's just a phone call... to let them know how good Christ is.

At the very least, let others know that grace and honesty does exist... after all, it's not abt preaching, but about living a good life that really counts.

Just some thoughts.

"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Lord, help me be wiser. And sweeter too. :) In Your name... amen.

No comments: