Sunday, May 20, 2007

Just feeling very tired. Had a good fun game of cards and Blokus (thanks to Edmund and his ingenious compendium of games in his backpack - he's a walking Settler's Cafe!) with some of the bros and sisters in Le Meridien foodcourt.

Good sermon - reminded of some basic truths. Shared with Ziyun, wonder if God's telling me if some not-so-easy times are in store ahead. And Ziyun said, good, can get prepared for it! :) Ooh, good idea... seriously... think I'd better fast and pray to ask God to strengthen and prepare me for the time ahead.

Now feeling quite emotional again. But hee thank God it's been a good time of learning more about myself, realising new truths about myself. One thing that I realised was that my tendency to be perfectionist sets me up for many, many unrealistic expectations, causing me to be internally frustrated about many things.

Realised that this is more than a personality thing - it's the fleshly (i.e. carnal) nature (not fleshy liao) of me that demands unrealistically high standards of myself. So I need God's Word to help me "divide soul and spirit"... to discern what are God's expectations of me versus my own (or even deceptive) expectations...

Deceptions... one of Satan's most effective tools. I remember how I fell prey to a really serious deception last time, when i was feeling very down, extremely far from God, and in the pits... and this thought kept coming to my mind, "It's too late for me to change."

But thank God for His salvation... for His mercy and grace... I remember how He sent along another bro who told me that this is a "Big Fat Lie"... at that point, I remember my eyes were opened at that point. :D

Wow... God's salvation from destruction. That's a sermon point I learnt today from the book of Micah, on the series of "Walking Right With God". It's never too late to change, because with Jesus is unfailing love and hope... He Himself will redeem Israel from all their sins. :D

Oh yes. Though I'm feeling weak and moody, thank God, He reminded me to reflect on the Cross... that we come to the cross in our weakness, that we may experience His strength. "For the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."

:)

No comments: