Thursday, May 3, 2007

Counting Blessings

Ah. Thank God so much. :D Got an interview with Singapore Technologies. Really thank God for Qiannuo. :D And got a second interview with some company in International Business Park. (Yeah, it does sound good, the name... hahaha)

Think this has been a real lot of blessings from God recently. It seems like interviews are coming in left and right... but thinking soberly about this... is it really my abilities? I think maybe to a certain extent, yes... for starters the resume was nicely designed. But that was only after lots of feedback from brothers and sisters, esp from my dear shepherd, who's v talented in design :D And thank God for Robert and Weizhu also who helped me vet and vet my resume. I really owe them a ton! And special thanks to Kangwei who gave me a whole lot of wonderful advice regarding interviews... Like Proverbs says, "...lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel." :D

So reflecting that one good thing about counting your blessings is that, beside realising how good God has been to you, is that it also helps you realise that a lot of the blessings that you got through hard work... were actually due to a lot of other people's help. :D

And I think that's the way that God would have it be. That it's not just me doing my part and God doing His part, but also that His intention is that His Body, the Church, should build and support and help one another succeed and grow in life. It's a good truth, because it helps keep you humble, and best of all, keeps you from the trap of thinking that you are more spiritual than anyone else... a truly devastating trap indeed! (Because I fell into that trap before... really thank God so much that He saved me from drowning in my own pride. But yeah, His cleaning me was PAINFUL all right. Haha... think it's only now that I can laugh happily about it! :D)

Ephesians 4:15-16
"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."


What a wonderful picture of the Church! :D So perhaps the old maxim, "Do your best and God will take care of the rest", is slightly flawed. We keep stressing on "do your best, do your best..." until we forget just how much we also need other people's help too.

Yup... just some reflections from counting my blessings... :D feel much more cheerful now. :) and i guess i needed that cheerfulness. Thanks Daddy. =)

No comments: