Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Just came back from unit bash (prawn fishing) with my dear unit :D

Huaqiang was joking that we are going to bash prawns... *pengz*

But anyway it was great fun! :D my good old friend (and NS buddy) Gabriel came too. :D v fun, tho both of us were joking that even tho we didn't manage to

hook any prawns, at least we managed to hook the worms. :D

Something that happened too: I was held back at home, so I asked Gabriel to meet up Dehua (since he knows Dehua too). Only problem is, I was assuming that Dehua was at the MRT station, and assuming that he'd be there at the same time. And I hadn't even checked.

So Dehua fed back to me. And Huaqiang. And Peter too. All on the same thing... Think first, don't assume.

Really thank God for these wonderful bros who aren't afraid to feedback to me, to help point out to me and help me grow. :D

Hmm. My initial reaction was... "Oh man... not again... I was assuming again..." At least, I realised it sooner on my own and called Gabriel back in time to tell him of my mistake. Thank God there's some progress here. :)

But it's really been very tiring trying to remember the principles... ok, as Peter would point out, doing the right thing socially is not an algorithm... it's based on principles... Memorizing *only* won't help you out here. HQ pointed out that memorising helps to trigger off the principles that we need to recall. But must first capture the principles! :)

Ok, to be honest, I'm feeling really tired again. Not feeling despair lah, but just tired. I know I really lack wisdom, have been asking God... so I asked God about this. Then He reminded me:
"Of course! Son, I'm giving you wisdom... THRU THESE EXPERIENCES. :) But you must train yourself to extract the principles. And do not fear, I am sending you brothers and sisters to help you learn and grow. You are not alone, because I am with you all the way."


Then I told Him:
But Father, I'm so so so tired. Again and again, I keep falling off the bike. It's terribly discouraging. Ok lah, I make some progress here and there... but haiz.......... I just feel so tired and sianz. Especially when I make mistakes that people so much younger than me can correct me... Dad, I think I'm becoming proud again. I'm still so immature after so long... *sigh*"


Then Hebrews 12:7 came clearly into my mind:
"Endure hardship as discipline. God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?"


So think God was encouraging me not to give up, but persevere on in desiring to grow. :D It's not easy, learning to be more mature by guarding myself and trying to give myself more time to think more and be meticulous before I respond to anything if time's available. But He is with me always. :D So that I may be more mature and effective for God. Yeah! :D

No comments: