Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Last MACHO Turbo Outing

Just came back from a wonderful steamboat buffet dinner with the MACHO Turbo bros. Very nice, and great time catching up and enjoying the company of the brothers, plus some good-natured ribbing from them about treating now that I've gotten a job and all that...

But the most surprising part of the dinner came when, we were all becoming quieter (and fuller), Ellson sat back and said to us, "This is a farewell dinner for Edwin and Yeu Ann. It'll be their last MACHO Turbo outing with us, so let's take this time to really share from our hearts about them."

Wow... was very, very touched by all their words... and something that struck me here is that every little sweet word from them is a gift from God. :D Things like how the brothers shared that I'm very sincere as a friend, once you look past the initial first impression, and understanding and sensitive to the needs of others... and also how I choose to speak the truth boldly into their lives when necessary... (it was, and still can be, terribly hard for me... I remember literally trembling a few times when pointing out some truths to the younger brothers. Felt like breaking down, but God gave me the strength to speak courageously and strongly.)

Which really encouraged and lifted my heart very much, because God knows that I'm not a person naturally sensitive to the needs of others - I'm naturally a very selfish and inwards-looking person. So was very touched to hear how God used me to impact and touch the lives of the other brothers. Huanyan's sharing really touched me a lot too, the part about a big hole being left by my absence... wow, didn't know that my presence really made such an impression in the lives of others!

But, in fact, actually, come to think of it... it wasn't me all along... it was Christ who is in me, who worked through me, even though I have so many weaknesses that only God can number them, to minister, bless and even teach the other brothers. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Dear bros, I'll really really miss you guys and all those precious shared experiences that we had together in the past, and as you go on to where God has called you to go, I'll watch you all with joy in my heart, knowing that as you stand together as one in the unity that comes from the gospel, you are being moulded and used by the Father to fulfill His amazing plan and purpose in this generation and generations to come.

*******
I was thinking too, some may read this and think, "Good, YA remembers again that he's being too friendly as he tries to build relationships..." But! I want to challenge you in Jesus' name... how about you? Have you done your own part to build deeper relationships in your caregroup? To enfold? To evangelise? To encourage?

It is much easier to criticise the person who takes the initiative, and stumbles as he does it... than to charge together with the person who does so. If you can do better than me... THEN DO IT, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! Do you want to win boldly, or do you want to grow mouldy?

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt


Not that I don't welcome feedback or criticism... I think you guys know me enough. :) But I do hope that you, dear fellow worker in Christ, will take the courage to rise up and attempt great things for God.

Listen to God's words! "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few." Do you desire to live a legacy today? :) Then ask God to send you, and He will work great and wonderful things through YOU! With you, this is impossible, BUT NOT WITH GOD; with God, all things are possible! Men say, "Nothing is impossible!" But God says, "Impossible is nothing!" Amen!

No comments: