Monday, January 8, 2007

A very sweet day! :) Really really want to thank God for today... and how He helped me thru today.

Felt very tired, 'cos was trying to sleep at 430 am, but so many things on my mind, so just got up and started praying. Just really needed that time of fellowship with God, because v physically tired and can feel a sore throat coming on.

So prayed to Daddy to heal my throat, and wow, thank God! I'm so touched - i just realised that I didn't have any more sore throat today! :)

Hee... to be honest, I'm very grateful that He chose to hear my prayer and heal me - it may seem like a very small thing, but there are so many small things that He has taken care of over the years, that I know could have been explained by "natural causes". But the funny thing is, the more I pray, the more these "coincidences" happen. Really. :) Anyway, I don't care what an atheist may say - I still believe in God no matter what.

The atheist will charge, "You are blind, because you have faith."

Nah... it's the other way. "I need faith, precisely because I am blind!" Just like how the blind man shouted out to Jesus, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus came and healed him.

Was reading the passage in Mark where the people from Jesus' hometown took offense at Jesus, wondering how he could do miracles, since he was a very ordinary guy. "Isn't this the carpenter?"

And that's the strange thing. They saw the miracles that He did, and yet took offense at him. Wonder why. But things like this do happen. So miracles don't produce faith. Rather, it's faith in God that causes miracles to happen.

Perhaps we're looking too much at the dichotomy between "miracles" and "normal things". If you think a bit more about it, life itself is a miracle! The very fact that I can walk is a miracle! Something as ordinary as snow falling in one place (say Siberia? Was going to say New York, but just read the news today and seems that it's getting awfully hard to find snow nowadays) is a miracle in another place. (Think snow falling in the Sahara Desert and you get the idea.) Perhaps we have lost the sense of wonder at the "ordinary" things in life, having lost our childlikeness. See the face of a little child who sees snow for the first time... a formerly blind man seeing the colours of a rainbow for the first time... a formerly paralysed child learning the wonder of walking...

All these are miracles - just "natural" miracles. :)

So let's thank the One who makes "ordinary" miracles happen every day.

No comments: