Friday, January 26, 2007

Freedom for the Captives!!!

Hee, just really, really want to thank You Lord for the past few days...

Think Wednesday was an absolutely stunning day. We had follow-up with a dear bro, shared with him about the Holy Spirit, and somehow, God gave us a prophetic word of knowledge into this dear bro's situation... and when we shared that with him, think he was very surprised... but that really helped him to open up and share what was troubling him...

Felt so touched when he was crying and sharing, that I almost cried myself... it really strikes me how deep the love of God is... even in the midst of our lostness and confusion, He is never too far away... He hears even the faintest cry of the lost, and He steps across all heaven and earth to reach out to us...

After tt, Isaiah 61 came to my mind...
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners..."


Later on, I met Yuantao... was super-encouraged... we had a really wonderful time of fellowship. Something that he shared with me really really made me smile so much... he told me that God has been showing love to him in such caring ways... e.g. when his CG celebrated his bday on a particular day even tho it was earlier than his actual bday, his dad called him the next day, and told him that the prev day was his birthday according to the Lunar calendar!

And also, somehow, everytime Qiaoping was going to teach him about a particular topic, he would ask QP first on the very topic that she was about to share! Like, how he was thinking of being water-baptised and asked QP about it... and it turns out that she was about to teach him on that very same topic!

Praise God! :D

It's really such a huge, huge, huge joy to see what God can do in the lives of those who love Him... it's such a joy to see how God is liberating those who were held captive to their fears all their lives... how He is healing those who have been broken-hearted... what a wonderful Saviour we serve!!! :D

He is able, He is able
I know He is able
I know my God is able
To carry me through

He heals the broken-hearted
And sets the captives free
He makes the lame to walk again
And the blind to see

He came from a place of glory
To set the captives free
He gave His life in love for me
And caused my eyes to see...


*******
Think this is something I learnt from Yuantao... to see God's deep, deep love and care in even in the very small things i experience everyday...

So other things i wanna thank Daddy for:
For the good time with Shawn today - hee, so glad to be able to help this dear bro today...

For the opportunity to be able to attend HopeKids leadership huddle... really want to capture the spirit of service from my team leaders who faithfully get up early on Sun mornings to take care of the children...

For the sweet time of fellowship with my very dear brothers yesterday and today... for the time with Huanyan celebrating his birthday... for the times with Guanrui and Hongtao and Jan...

For the ultra-romantic moment with my dear CG on top of Engine rooftop... the night sky was so incredibly beautiful... worshipping God together as the night breeze blows on us... is like feeling God's gentle presence upon us literally...

For Jodie's help in helping me copy a old project that we did together for one of our modules... it was a great time to reconnect and keep in touch with a dear friend...

For my dad and mum, especially for my dad's hugs... something I realise is that there are many, many men who would literally sell everything they owned just to be able to receive a father's love, let alone the numerous hugs I get so often. i am so incredibly blessed... even when i totally do not deserve such love!

For the opportunity to make a new friend today - think his name's Hanesolo, Ziwei's friend - at HQ... think he's quite talented in music and likes to read a lot... :)

For Zhiwei's msgs to me showing his care and concern... hee, really treasure this dear bro and friend...

Yup, yup... so many blessings when I count them... God indeed is good, even to the worst of sinners... that they may turn to Him and He will have mercy on them, to our God, for He will freely pardon... for His ways are not our ways, neither are His thoughts our thoughts!

I really love this Bible verse - especially since it's in the Old Testament where God is supposed to be super-fierce and zapping sinners with holy fire... (He can do that... but He really really is patient and gracious even with the hard-hearted and is super-quick to forgive if they will turn back to Him!)
Isaiah 55:6-9 (New International Version)

Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

No comments: