Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Just came back from the train with YF and HT.

HT asked me when I'll be moving over.

That sparked off something in me that I wanted to say, but didn't know how to say it.

Shared with HT and YF that I was feeling this sense of loss of direction after having finished my time in the NUS ministry, and HT said that the bros and sisters who have gone over to Adults ministry will be able to help me adjust.

Yet it didn't feel very complete, and I couldn't exactly put my finger on the reason why.

But now I think I know why. Because it wasn't only about adjusting to a new group. It was about missing the people that I'll be leaving behind.

Hmm... I can imagine what the other bros'll be saying - it's ok lah, we'll see each other again! But realistically speaking, I guess there's this feeling of missing them that'll stay with me for a while.

I wonder if I should shake off that feeling, or keep it with me. Because I'm afraid that I'll lose contact with them in due time. :) Hee... think all the more that I need to faithfully keep in touch with them face-to-face. Because, somehow, sending SMSes and even phonecalls can't seem to match the joy of meeting up face-to-face.

Hee... I remember reading what someone wrote before:
"I have a lot more things to tell you, but I'd rather not use paper and ink. I hope to be there soon in person and have a heart-to-heart talk. That will be far more satisfying to both you and me."


Think it's very meaningful, these words. :) Echoes precisely what I was thinking.

Perhaps that's a wonderful thing actually, that one misses the people that he/she leaves behind, even for a very short while. Because you never know how much you really treasure your loved ones until you can't see them again. Hee...

Maybe I'll see it this way, then, that this is a blessed time to get to know more people, make more friends... to increase the total number of dear brothers and sisters that I'll get to meet in heaven, once again, and for all eternity.

And, truly, we shall never part again for ever and ever.

No comments: