Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hee, thankful to God for today. :)

Think over the past few days, He's been teaching me to learn to be more loving to my mum at home, and to break out of my selfish attitude at home, wanting to do my own things instead of helping my mum.

But, well, the past few days my mum needs my help a lot, and I've been very reluctant to help her, because I want to relax and do my own things.

But thank God, He rebuked and corrected me with many verses that came to mind, and sometimes I sense His Spirit prompting me not only just to wait for my mum to give me tasks to do, but to take the initiative to ask her.

Think it's not easy to do so at times, because it means denying myself the fun of playing computer games or reading or even blogging, but think thru these past few weeks, God has been opening my eyes to see and understand the heavy workload that my mum faces as a teacher, and helping me understand that since I'm skilled in IT stuff, all the more I have this obligation to help my mum, who really struggles with computers. Because He'll call me to account for what I've done with the skills and talents that He has given me.

Hmm... can also see how He is answering one of my prayers this year to grow in love for my family, especially my parents. I realise that loving them isn't always easy, and sometimes it requires me to make sacrifices and even go beyond my comfort zone, but it's really well-worth it. :) Because God so loved me that He sent His one and only Son to die for me and for my family too on the cross.

Hee, and another blessing that He's been giving me is that I'm learning to show more love through acts of service... 'cos my mum's love language (I think) is acts of service. And also to work with people of different personalities, 'cos she's a choleric kind of person... who likes to have things done quickly and efficiently. Thank God, over time I'm learning to love her more in these two ways (still have a lot to learn), because it's not about how I feel, but how she feels loved that matters.

No comments: