Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Got to know a new brother in Christ today. Was reading some book on the bus, when all of a sudden, this guy next to me peers at one of my books, and asks me, "Can I take a look at your book?" (The book is "The Life You've Always Wanted".)

Turns out that this guy's a Christian too. :) Touched and encouraged by his eagerness in wanting to learn new things - he says that he's a new Christian.

"Oh I see! How long?"

"Three years."

(Three years? That's a rather long time!)

He says, "I'm still learning."

Wow. Touched by this brother's childlike humility and desire to learn - even to the point of asking a stranger to borrow a book to read! Need to learn from this brother's hunger to learn.

He asks, "Which church are you from?"

"Hope. You?"

"History Makers International."

"Oh I see..." (even though I haven't heard of that church before. Must be a recent one.)

Hmm! :)

Anyway, we chat a bit, and turns out he's 22 and entering Youth ministry. I ask him how's he feeling about it, and he says he's quite excited but scared by the challenges that he'll face in serving in this new ministry.

Hmm.

Both of us are fellow pilgrims, both entering new ministries, and both with expectant hearts, yet tentative feelings about this. Could this be a wonderful Divine "coincidence", to encourage one another? :)

His name's Nicholas. Prayed a prayer of blessing for him after I got off the bus. Not sure if we'll meet again in this lifetime, but it'll be good too! :) Hope that he'll continue serving God faithfully all the way.

No comments: