Monday, June 8, 2009

Very late, but very thankful. :)

Thank God for Joyce dropping by HopeKids service today. Haha... it was good to catch up with this dear friend, even though it's only a short while!

Thank God too for Hong Teck's encouragement and tips regarding the skit today. Haha! And his advice to me to go all out, to maximise the talent God has given me for writing. Even in career choices and so on. =)

One thing that Hong Teck shared with me:
"As long as you have the right heart for God, even if you go in the wrong direction, God will guide you to the right destination. Of course, I don't mean you should 'cheong' blindly. But you take calculated risks. And when you've thought carefully through, just go and God will guide you as you move out."

And I did experience that later on when I bought the gift for Liping, our newest (and possibly youngest) sister in the CG. 'Cos HQ just told us that Liping's birthday was today. So I decided to help buy a gift on behalf of the CG. Just wanted to bless this sister in Jesus' name. So went down, and looked at what gift I could get. While at the gift store, I called HQ for his input. He messaged me, and so I bought the stuff.

Suffice it to say that as I went along buying and praying for guidance to get the right stuff, God showed me how to 'assemble' all the various gifts to make it a very simple, but a very meaningful, gift for Liping. Think Liping was blessed, and thank God too for His Holy Spirit giving me the inspiration and the words to share to encourage her.

Thank God too, for His helping me take the initiative and to lead in this aspect. So am thankful! :D

Oh joy, joy, joy. God is good in all circumstances. His power really is made perfect in my weaknesses.

For the sermon too. How God restores us when we repent. And also my sheep Jon passed me his laptop power supplies... because he's committed to cutting down on his web-surfing, so that he can make more fruitful use of his time. I'm really very blessed and touched by his willingness - above all - to gladly surrender whatever hinders him from growing in Christ. It's his willing and eager heart to grow that actually sets an example for me too. :D For it's the heart of repentance that God looks at... and Jonathan is setting a wonderful and practical example of repentance.

And for the really, really great time of talking with Weizhu over the phone. =) Lots of guy stuff. Haha... hope to watch "Wrath of Khan" with him soon!

No comments: