Saturday, June 6, 2009

Some thanksgivings for the wonderful things God is doing in my ministry recently:
1. For God's transformative work in my sheep's heart... he has been growing in his faith, and willingness to step out of his comfort zone. Was very encouraged by his small but frequent thanksgiving testimonies. I'm so amazed at what God is doing in his heart... especially since I know it wasn't all my long-winded grandfather sharings that did the work in his heart, but it was the powerful work of the Holy Spirit in Jonathan's heart.

I'm really, really, really so thankful to God for my dear brother Jon. Super-encouraged.

Dear Jonathan,
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
:D

2. For God's grace upon one of my Pri 6 boys, Matthew, in the P6 CG I took care of and led during the recent children's camp. He got the most number of points among my CG - points for good behaviours, achievements and so on. What is encouraging is not the number of points, but rather, the unexpectedness - I think the other teachers were surprised, to be honest - of him excelling.

When I called for a junior leader, Matthew was the only one to volunteer willingly. To be honest, I had my doubts as to whether he was supportive enough, but to my surprise, he proved himself to be excellent and more than competent in what he did... Gosh. I was really blessed by his supportiveness, efficiency and willingness. =D In fact, I only need to ask him to watch the group in my absence, and I know he will make sure the group behaves. Amazing. Haha.

Actually, from what I see in him, I think he has leadership potential and sharpness and intellect of mind. Think he could be a great corporate leader next time... really hope and pray that God will touch this young man-to-be's heart and mind, and call Matthew to be a great and powerful man of God...

Matthew. Isn't it so interesting. The Matthew of the Bible was a tax-collector, and obviously, should be quite shrewd and adept with money... and Jesus called him to be an apostle. I hope one day, our Matthew will also respond to Jesus' call to give his all, and use his natural leadership influence and even shrewdness and cleverness to bring many to Christ, just like his apostolic counterpart.

Wonderful... haha... thank God! :)

No comments: