Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All For Good



Thought-provoking. I've been thinking about how can we, as a church, get more involved in serving the poor? I know there's our bursaries, and Hope Centre, and thank God for the good bros and sisters who're helping out in whatever ways possible.

Just that I feel deeply in my heart that we should do more to remember the poor. Especially the children. :) Hee. So that's why we need more people for the Nurture programme... Come impact the lives of children!

Through the Nurture programme, God opened doors for us to meet even more like-minded and more skilled volunteers and professionals... I'm especially blessed and inspired by Mrs Rajaletchumy... gosh, she really is very skilled and more importantly, has a great heart for the children in her care. :D

Missions + children + media = WHOA!

Dear God! I can't think of any better joy or destiny than this! :D Thank You so much for giving me a destiny that is the true delight of my heart... :D You really know what You're doing when You made me. :D Whee!

Anyway, I digress. The Youtube video's thought-provoking, 'cos I'm thinking whether we have such a volunteer-based website for Singapore. Perhaps I could assemble a team to implement a similar website concept... get a grant from some youth council thingy...

Hope to see a generation of people with a heart to serve one another in love! Of course, the practical details will have to be worked out... so this is quite tricky... that's where I'll need to find a partner / partners with great eyes for details and planning... and maybe some marketing too... =)

And funding... and time commitment... I wonder if we could also use this website concept as a springboard for like-minded volunteers from other parts of the world, especially Asia? :) ASEAN... haha...

Hmm! :)

If I manage to get into the scriptwriting course in the next few months... then I need to see how to arrange...

But erm, the Writer's Circle?

Argh. Reality comes back again. Here I am, jumping back and forth... Ok, see whether can balance - and more importantly, pray and ask God where to continue from there. =)

Hee. "Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God." William Carey. :D Yeah! So many things I want to do for God... but I must make sure I also discipline myself to stay focused on Him.

Like what Hong Teck reminded me last time. I like to dream great things. But I must stick to make sure I carry them on through to the end. :)

Still, I do want to encourage you, dear friend, to consider what YOU can do for our great God! 'Cos we are His hands and feet to heal and serve a hurting world... to be His ambassadors... His servants... let's not be content to stay in our comfort zones! Nor to sit back and be armchair critics! Not even in the noble-sounding aims of "self-actualization"...

I like how Hong Teck puts it so aptly:
A good measurement of how we are spiritually is if we spend our time theologizing and opposing? Or are we innovating, creating and blessing?
It caught me by surprise so much, because I'd been thinking so much about what's wrong with this, that and how can it be better... Theologizing and opposing.

But the better question to ask us: Lord, what can I do to bless others in Your name? To learn to see the good in what is good, and to build things to make them better.

So shall we pour our energy and heartbeats today to bring His good news, be it word or deed, to all the world? That there is a God who loves them and has sent His Son to love, heal and forgive... =D

And let's never forget as we give our all for good... that God Himself gave His all for love, to win our hearts and souls back to Him.

"All for love a Father gave
For only love could make a way
All for love the heavens cried
For love was crucified...

All for love a Savior prayed
Abba Father have Your way
Though they know not what they do
Let the Cross draw men to You..."

Amen! :D

Nurture programme's coming up. It's very exciting. Haha. 20 more kids... yeah! Thank God! :D

1 comment:

Weizhu said...

try www.nvpc.org.sg :)