Sunday, January 11, 2009

The vision is coming to pass, slowly but surely. God is so faithful and gracious.

Thank God! Today's storytelling with the children in the NURTURE programme was a hit with them! Praise God indeed. And thank God too for a friend's SMS a few days ago: "what great things we can do because God gives first.our talents n giftings..praise e Father who gave and gave so much!"

Not just so - we had this sweet lady, Ms Raja, who came by to watch the Nurture programme, as she is in charge of her own programme - Beyond Social Services I think. So she discussed with Mr Yeo, the grassroots leader in charge of the Nurture programme.

Then, after the programme ended, we chatted, and Ms Raja told us that she wanted to bring some of her own kids (those in the LIFE programme) to join us for the Nurture programme too. She said she was very impressed by the activities... he... and thank God, the storytelling too. I really can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Amen! Yeah! =D

And the exciting thing is, the kids she are bringing over are mostly Malays or Indians. She said she wanted them to interact with the Chinese kids as well. Wow. And that's why I said the vision is coming to pass. 'Cos I remember, years ago, when I was praying and asking the Lord for a vision of what He wants to do through my life, He showed me a picture of me sitting on a chair, telling stories to children of different ethnic groups... and one day, I believe He will use me to tell them the story of Jesus too! :)

And gosh! Chinese, Malay, Indian... just a preview of the great vision of the Greatest Story Ever Told being told to people from every nation, every tribe, every people, every tongue! :)

Wow, wower, and wowest.

=D

Wonderful, wonderful, Jesus is to me
Counsellor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God is He
Saving me, keeping me from all sin and shame
Wonderful is my Redeemer, praise His mighty name!


Wow. Thank You Lord. I'm absolutely amazed at Your grace and mercy to someone so unworthy like me. Who am I? That You would choose to use a small fry like me? Yet... You are rich and generous, answering and rewarding all who dare to seek You in faith.

Really feel like singing together with Mary, her beautiful words inscribed in Luke 1:46-55! :)

And as I opened my Bible, I read these words:
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because He has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour."


Oh my. 'Cos the kids are from poor families, and quite a few of them are broken families.
Prisoners of poverty, prisoners of shame
Prisoners trapped in a broken game
Prisoners of hopelessness, prisoners of chains
But there is freedom, found in God's name!

Hallelujah!

No comments: