Saturday, January 17, 2009

Holy, Holy, Holy!

Just came back from the Combined Prayer Meet. It's the first time we're having it at Suntec. And Shuhui brought Yuet Ling along too! Was very surprised to see her there.

Anyway, wow. God did speak to me. As I went on my way to the venue, I prayed a quick prayer in my heart, asking God to prepare my heart to listen to Him.

Then as we were worshipping during one of the songs, somehow I sensed an impression on my heart the need to grow in holiness.

As I was wondering about whether this was a prompting from God, Ps Jeff came onto the stage. And he led us in prayer, praying these words: "Lord, we want to grow to become righteous people; we want to live holy lives."

Whoa. God really is confirming His message to me - and to the whole church too, that He wants us to aim for holiness. This year shall become a year of purification, which will bring times of refreshing and renewal in our hearts (as Hong Teck prophesied).

Holiness belongs to the Lord. "Be ye holy, because I am holy."

Wow. God has spoken to me. His will is very clear. Seek to be holy. Holy in heart, holy in thought, holy in word, holy in deed, holy in spirit.

So this year is going to be a great year, a year of growing in holiness. It's very funny, but wonderful... I think the Holy Spirit, as I let Him work in more and more of my life, has increased in me an increasing hunger and thirst to grow in holiness and righteousness.

This year is going to be a great year of transformation. Holiness. Wow. So excited! :) Yes, Lord, here I am - purify my heart! make it holy and useful for Your own purpose and plan! In Jesus' most holy name, amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi bro,

What's your definition of HOLINESS?

This is not a trick question =)

Regards,
Andrew