Friday, January 2, 2009

A few days ago, one of my dearest friends wrote to me:
Bro, I can see that you have sincerely and faithfully done your best in this relationship. I know it still hurts, but I hope you take comfort in knowing that you have done your best. I'm sure God is as pleased with you as I am impressed with you. You know, you have come a long way [...]. Your understanding, attitudes, and maturity. I also sense that you have much more surrendered this area of your life to God. There is now this inward peace that I sense from you, the "no matter what happens, I still have you, Father, and that's enough" kind of peace. Well done! *pat on the back*
Wow. Really? I did sense His peace internally, and that is encouraging enough... but what an exceeding joy indeed to know that God's peace is able to shine through my life, that others can sense it too... Just to knwo that others can see that God's working in my life... I wonder why that makes me very happy. :) Maybe it's because it encourages me that what I feel of His peace and joy in me is truly genuine, and not my own imagination or reasoning.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."


Aye-men. :) O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.

No comments: