Monday, January 19, 2009

And thank God too for the prophecy that Eugene Chong prayed over me during altar call today. It's very encouraging... and strengthening.

I had asked Eugene to pray for me regarding God's guidance and direction in my career and BGR too. So Eugene started praying. Then he prophesised, "I believe the Lord is telling you to wait, and trust in His timing."

(Ah yes. I did expect God to tell me that. It's ok, not my will but Yours be done! I accept Your words!)

Then he went on, praying... and he prophesied that this year, things (regarding career/BGR) will be very obvious. So trust in His timing, don't rush, be patient, and God will make things very obvious for you.

After he had finished prophesying, I asked him, eyes wide-open. "Bro, did you really said this year?"

He said, "Yes."

Whoa. :)

Which leads me on to my next line of thought. What if... God promised you that you'll find your life partner within one year's time? Would you start seeking your "missing rib" ASAP... or would you trust in His promise completely, and since God has already promised, throw yourself fully into serving Him as a single, since you know that your time as a single will run out soon?

Hee. I think I wanna throw myself fully into my Daddy's arms. Since He's promised, I shall wait, and not take things into my own hands. Don't wanna do an Abraham rush-job, where Abe took things into his own hands, and sired Ishmael through Hagar, even though God had clearly promised him that Sarah, his barren wife, would bear him a son called Isaac. And we all know the consequences: millenia of conflict between the descendants of Isaac and Ishmael even up to today. (but God was gracious to Ishmael all the same - Ishmael became a father of many nations too.)

Yup yup. "All your promises / Won't let go of me!"

Determined to be utterly His. Aye-men.

No comments: