Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Noble Heart

Yeu Ann, I think you need more deliberation to work on this issue; ie. To make sure the vision you have in your head materialize. You do have great initiative to dream and work through details of things but you lack continuity to see it through to the end. At the end all that good work in the conceptualization does not see fruit. This can be detrimental to your ministry in the church. Let me know how I can help.
Wow. Thank God for this dear brother's feedback. Putting everything together, plus a word during my quiet time, I think God is correcting me, so that I can be more effective for Him.

This bro also told me in two points:
  • Excellent Intentions
  • Effective Initiatives
By effective, he meant that I need to do what it takes to see the project to the end. It's so much like what my team leader shared about his workplace principles, when I was talking with him after work: "My principle is to do whatever it takes to get the job done - as long as it's ethical - even if it means getting my hands dirty."

Doggedness. I need THAT quality. 

And these two verses came to mind, as I was ruminating on Hong Teck's fatherly counsel.

Boaz, the man of noble character, in the book of Ruth:
And now, my daughter, don't be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character. Although it is true that I am near of kin, there is a kinsman-redeemer nearer than I. Stay here for the night, and in the morning if he wants to redeem, good; let him redeem. But if he is not willing, as surely as the LORD lives I will do it. Lie here until morning." [...]
Then Naomi said, "Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today."


Isaiah 32:8
But the noble man makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he stands.

The second verse, as I chewed further on it, instructed me clearly. I realised that, with God's help and grace, I'm making noble plans. But I need to ensure that I carry through to ensure these noble plans get turned into noble deeds.
"... and by noble deeds he stands."
Dear Lord, I want to grow to be a noble man! To be noble in character before You! Help me, Father, for You are the One who can transform me into the likeness of Your Son, Jesus Christ! So here I am - send ME!!! In Jesus' name, amen!

No comments: