Thursday, January 15, 2009

How to Partner in Parenting with Our Heavenly Father

1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing.
My husband Bill and I believe in keeping track of prayer requests. Sometimes we might wonder if God is listening, and writing down our prayers helps remind us that God does listen. Let me share one, simple prayer request I made for one of my sons, Brock, when he was a baby. The prayer went like this:
God, give Brock the courage to stand alone for You. Give him the integrity and wisdom to choose well in his relationships; lead him to the godly woman he will marry someday.
Does God answer when we partner with Him in prayer? Let me share with you some highlights of the years following that prayer... [read more!]

Weizhu shared with me how he'd raise his kids up next time. Whoa. Very encouraging to hear what he had in mind. :D Yes, let's raise up a new generation after God's own heart, to rise up to face the challenges of their generation with selfless faith! Amen!

No comments: