Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is an email I sent to my CG just now.

Hey dear bros, sisters!

Just thought I'd share two short testimonies of God's goodness to me haha...

1. Gosh, it's such a joy to pray. It's terribly hard to get started, and it takes quite a long while, for me personally... but today, somehow, I managed to find a good spot to stand still (and not fall asleep haha). And there were many beautiful green trees, swaying back and forth in the strong breeze.

So started praying, and after a while, I suddenly sensed a strong peace within me, and a special assurance from God that He was listening to my prayers for the caregroup. And this verse came to mind:

1 John 5:14-15
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."

In short, God was telling me that He is listening to my prayers - which means that He will answer the prayers on behalf of the CG. So the Lord is going to do some beautiful and wonderful things in the midst of us. Amen? :)

So something I reflected about this is that often, we want God to do Big and Dramatic Things for us. But He would have us also learn to listen to His soft whisper in our hearts.

how often we rush through the crisply calendared years
in the noisy intersections never to lend Him our ears
but now to abate, awake and await our hearts to hear
that Wondrous Whisper, that blows away all our fears.

You are the Voice that called the universe to be
You are the Whisper in my heart that speaks to me.


Hee! It's really such a joy to experience God's presence and peace in the midst of our prayers... "the peace that surpasses all understanding" (Philippians 4). So want to encourage you all too, that this peace that transcends all understanding is for you too, even as you take up the weekly duty of praying for the CG and for yourself and for our lost friends too. May you experience the joy of partnering with the Master in prayer! Aye-men!

2. Ok! This one more light-hearted. It's a testimony of God's amay-zing provision.

Haha.... you know, a few days ago, I went to buy HQ's birthday gift. HQ had requested a specific model (after Jeannie and I asked him what gift he wanted). The model was Act Trail 30 Deuter.

So! I wasn't sure where to start buying. So I was thinking of going down to Tiong Bahru, since I had seen a bag selling shops... i mean, a shop selling bags. And I had also scheduled to meet a friend there.

However, my friend told me at the last minute that he wanted to go to Queensway to go to IKEA, since he needed to collect a shelf that he had ordered. So we decided to go, him to IKEA, and me to Queensway Shopping Centre.

Now, QSC is quite a big place. So as I went in, I prayed a quick prayer: "Dear God, please help me find the exact model (that Deuter bag) that Huaqiang wants, 'cos we really want to bless our dear CL... in Jesus' name, Amen."

So, after going through some shops, I finally came across a bag shop selling Deuter bags on the second level. Oh! Thank God. Asked the salesman whether had the Act Trail 30 model. He said, "Got!"

Ah. Ok! Prayer answered.

What, you're asking, so where's the amay-zing part?

Well, as I placed my order, the salesman casually told me, "You know, the Act Trail 30 model, this is the only piece that is available in stock. And it came in just only today."

Wow. I was so amazed when I heard the salesman say that. I told him it's a good thing that I came in today. He said, "Oh yes! It's a good thing that you came in today. If you had come one or two days earlier, then probably got no stock."

Happy! So I paid up. And then... just as I was taking the receipt from the salesman, I happened to glance around. And my eyes fell on a signboard in the midst of all the Deuter clutter:
"THE FIRST AND ONLY DEUTERCONCEPT BOUTIQUE IN SINGAPORE".




That means, when I prayed, God led me, out of all the shopping centres in Singapore, out of all the shops in Queensway Shopping Centre, out of all the possible days in the year, to the very best place to get the exact Deuter model for Huaqiang. Wow. Even GPS cannot give this kind of space-time accuracy. Unless it's God's Providence System.

Amay-zing. So HQ, you better enjoy your birthday present... 'cos our heavenly Papa helped get this bag for you 'kae... Hahaha-hallelujah! =D

"Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous." Albert Einstein

=) Papa really cares for us! Aye-men.
Yeu Ann

No comments: