Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thank God for these holidays - they're a great chance to rest, retreat and reflect. To spend time with family, and to focus on the things that really matter - love God and love people.

Very thankful for how He's changed me in relating with the rest of my extended family over the years: more genuinely interested in the lives of my parents and my relatives, taking the initiative to serve them - so unlike the old YA.

But dissatisfied, because I spent several hours playing Company of Heroes. It's amazing how games are an excellent form of escapism. They're narcotic. You play games to forget your stress, but you forget the One who wants to spend time with you.

Have been reflecting. I think I need to bring my eyes back to Jesus. To hear that sweet, sweet voice once again. Not to run and play computer games when I feel uncertain or stressed, but to just stop, be still, and know that the Lord is God.
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Refrain:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

I don't want to be a Christian who professes Christ but practices atheism. Because God knows how often I forget Him.

God, how I need You. I need to turn my focus back to You. Renew my first love for You.

Yup. Shall just take some time off to just be with Him. =)