Saturday, January 17, 2009

I attended a friend's brother's funeral today. We went, because although we didn't know her brother personally, we wanted to show our love and support to her and her family too. And I'm glad that we could bless her family by our presence. Ps Jeff, Claudia, Ps Jo, Michael, Lean Choo, Eugene and her CG and some of her other friends - we were there. And her dad was surprised, but also glad. "You from Hope of God too?" he said to a lot of us.

And it struck me how precious this family of God is. Literally from cradle to grave, the family of God, your spiritual family, is there for you. How good God really is, to be there for us. No matter which life station we are at, He is with us always, making His presence tangibly felt through His Body. And His Body is the Church.

People cry out, where is God when it hurts? And He immediately answers, I am here! The Church is My Body on earth. Here are my hands, my feet, my arms to hold you close. Hear my words spoken through my mouth on earth. And so on.

What a beautiful thing indeed, is the Church. How weak and frail she is, and yet how strong and glorious she can be, if she obeys her God completely. How light, how sweet, the melodious rhythms of her grace, in tune with the Master's perfect song, played out on earth, for all the unseen powers in the cosmic realms to hear.

No comments: