Thursday, January 15, 2009

You know, sometimes we feel the inner fire, the smouldering desire, to get into relationships, especially when you see couples popping up 'round and 'round like blooming little mushrooms? :)

Hang on in there. Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He'll give you the desires of your heart. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding - seek His will in all your ways, and He'll make your paths straight.

Personally, quite a few brothers asked me why I don't seem to have any sisters in mind from the Young Adults ministry. I thought about it, and actually, it's simply because I haven't found a suitable sister from the Young Adults side. It's not that they're not eligible - one bro was telling me, "Yeu Ann, there's tons and tons of wonderful sisters in Hope, you know!"

Of course there are! But the thing is, God has given me an increasingly clearer and more detailed vision of what His calling for me is, especially during last year. And so, "the clearer the vision, the fewer the options." :)

Which is very true, actually. And there's not that many sisters I know who'd be able to join me in the work that the Lord has called me to do. So, in the end, I've been learning to fully surrender this area of my life to the Father, to keep asking Him for guidance and to show me who's the best sister He has in mind for this task. Haha. I think He might be showing me someone, but that will need further confirmation... with more and more prayers. Thank God! I will thereby learn to depend on Him more and more through prayer. Aye-men.

Till then, I shall not be distracted, but shall stay focused on obeying and working towards the vision that He's called me to do.
Acts 26:19
"So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven.

No comments: