Monday, January 12, 2009

2008 has passed and 2009's here.

Yes. I'm late, I know that.

But I was thinking about what Huaqiang asked us to share: our thanksgiving points.

And there are so many. Even the sad moments too, 'cos I learnt a lot from my sad and disappointing moments. God instructed and taught me through all these.

Like:
- Getting to know Clarence (haha bro you should be so honoured to be the first one on my thanksgiving list ok... =D)
- Taking care of a sheep (Jonathan) for the first time
- Missions trip to Kenya - and the miraculous delivery from a potentially fatal van accident (without wearing a seatbelt some more) - so miraculous that even an atheist told me that I have to thank God for this. :) Wow.
- Nurture Community Care programme
- Joining HopeKids Live service - acting, writing, producing a comedy video clip. Worked together with Kin Wee, Peter, Shunrong, and Yufen. Fantastic experience scriptwriting and leading a team. :)
- Growing in character, personal maturity, understanding of BGR dynamics and expectations, walk with God, what it means to show grace to others
- Confirmation of God's calling for me to children's ministry by Ps James
- Combined prophecy over me by Peter Truong and Hong Teck: God's assurance that He will use me to make a big impact for Him as I continue to walk close with Him =D Wow.
- Deepening in friendships with Weizhu, Kin Wee, Ellson and many others :)
- GoForth conference
- Conflicts and forgiveness in CG
- A key defining moment in my friendship with Peter
- Being witness to Peter and Sharon starting their relationship =D
- Inductive Bible study class: I realised that the Word of God is so deep, and so rich and has such wonderful power to transform the way I see things.
- Getting to know Alex aka Mr Potato from tertiary, Andrew the UL from tertiary too.
- A relationship that got me very down, hurt and disappointed for a while. But I learnt to accept the friend unconditionally with love.
- Learnt to work better in a team
- Conviction from God to consecrate my life fully to Him
- A deepening sense of conviction from the Holy Spirit to live life fully for Him, especially after the van accident
- Someone asking me to shepherd him... :P stunned and touched
- Kin Wee being a like-minded bro in writing - he played a part in inspiring me to consider writing :)
- Weizhu's friendship. :) (Oh, did I mention him again? haha)
- Deepening level of friendship with my CG ppl :) realness, authenticity. Three new sisters, and a married couple joining us. Huaqiang and Sarah getting married. :D
- Chiyen and Michelle getting married.
- God Himself. His presence is always so sweet, so real, and so wonderful. :D He is the Shepherd of my soul!

Wow. And as I recall my resolutions at the beginning of 2008, it was so amazing to see how God answered my key resolutions last year. To grow in character and maturity and wisdom... to live this one life I have for Jesus...

The calling and vision from God is getting sharper and clearer. Like the rising sun that rises into the sky. "Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noon-day sun."

2008 - I remember calling it the Year of Consecration. And it really did turn out to be so. "Take my life, and let it be / Consecrated, Lord, to Thee"

2009 - The Year of Dedication. "Take my hands and let them move / At the impulse of Thy love"

It's so amazing to see what God can do with even someone like me. How I really want my life to become nothing but a pure pointer to the Majestic Glory. To become nothing but a voice of one crying out in the desert, "Prepare ye the way for the Lord." :)

2009. Haha... I wonder how it will turn out. Hit the ground running in 2009.

Especially the book publishing initiative and the story-telling for the children.

Want to grow in prayer, dependence on God in prayer.

And am very amazed to see a certain something happen in almost-immediate response to a certain prayer that I prayed at the beginning of this year, on the advice of a bro.

And the follow-up signs that accompanied my requests for confirmation. The timing, the signs seem very clear. Plus I sense a certain peace and assurance from God. As if He's telling me, "Go ahead, carry on."

But something I've learnt recently about prayer since last year is not to be presumptuous. I've also learnt to pray even as I start moving in. To ask Him to guide me more and more even as I step in more and more.

Now it just needs time. Every step to be humbly prayed over. To seek His will in all I do, and He will make my paths straight. :) Aye-men.

No comments: