Sunday, January 11, 2009

He Must Increase, I Must Decrease

I've been thinking about my mission in life. What God wants me to do. More precisely, a mission statement.

So here goes:
My mission in life is to help bring as many people as possible closer to God, through my life, words and deeds.
And another thought:
Very few people are interested in reading about your life. But very many people are interested in reading about God.
'Cos was thinking about a comment that someone posted on Shuyi's blog. Honestly, I love to visit her blog. Because it's very ministering, and has a way of touching your heart. And most importantly, someone commented that Shuyi's blog has helped draw her closer to God.

And I thought, wow, what a beautiful comment.

And what a beautiful epitaph that would make.
"He helped me draw closer to God."
I think it's such a beautiful thing.

And as I thought further, I realised that ultimately this world will pass away. Even now it is passing away. But only the souls of men, and God's words, will endure into the new world that He will make.
"He must increase; I must decrease."
How I want that to be my heart's attitude, more and more. To learn to die to self, so that Christ may live in me more and more.

I wish I could write better articles that others can identify with, especially those that minister to the hearts of others. Instead I post very idealistic posts that probably only 1% of the human population can identify with, even if it's true.

Should I still write such posts, even if they are true?

I'm not sure... after all, the apostle Paul wrote that he and the other disciples, whatever they did, said or wrote, was for the believers' strengthening. Do my words strengthen and give hope to others?

Hmm. But whatever happens, Jesus must increase, I must decrease. =)

No comments: