Tuesday, January 13, 2009

He Must Increase, I Must Decrease, II

It's that train of thought that has been running through the tracks of my mind the past few days. Of how much I am lacking in character, in wisdom, in understanding, in maturity and so on. Because I've been examining myself and observing my own life. And I'm dismayed to find the sheer lack of Christlikeness in my life.

And even in my own prayer life, I find that I lack the desire to seek God's face wholeheartedly. And in the midst of difficulties and down emotions, and feelings of weaknesses and inadequacies - especially those of character and personality, I still forget to focus on God.

Ah. How I need to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus again. Not to fix my eyes on the winds or the waves, but on Jesus walking to me in the storm. So that He can call me to come to Him - even if it means walking out onto the very thing that I fear most. He must increase, I must decrease.

Yes. So I will stay my eyes on Jesus. Deeper and deeper. I want to know Him even better this year. No, not even that. I want to know Him better Today. Not to harden my heart with agnostic questions, with an atheistic lifestyle. But to be like a little child before my Papa in heaven. He must increase, I must decrease.

Oh yes. God will help me grow, as I continue to seek Him. Not me, but Him. He will complete the good work that He already has begun in me. :D Amen! Yeu Ann, look to Jesus, not to yourself! He must increase, you must decrease!

Yup! So this is my heart's deepest desire - to become more and more dependent on Jesus. To follow Him totally. To look for His approval in everything I do. Less of me, more of Him. He must increase, I must decrease. Amen!

John 3:30
"He must increase, I must decrease."

And here's praising God in a new language:
public static void main {
System.out.println("He must increase, I must decrease.");
Jesus++; yeuann--;
System.out.println("Aye-men.");
}

;)

No comments: