Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hmm. My maid reminded me that my father's getting old. And that she felt sad. Why? Maybe for the fact that my father's getting old... and for the fact that I lost my temper with my dad.

Her words made me think. I think God spoke to me through my maid.

And I realized that God doesn't get angry so much (does He even feel angry at all?) as He feels sad for me when I am bitter or lose my temper.

Eph 4:29-32
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you

It struck me as an epiphany... that God doesn't get angry so much as He grieves.

He gets angry at injustice, but He feels grief when humans bicker. Maybe He feels both. But to know that He actually feels sad... brings a whole new dimension to His holiness... and my obedience to Him.

Come to think of it... I didn't pay attention to that still small voice some time ago, that reminded me that my dad's getting older. Kindness and compassion to the one who gave me life. Surely that's not too much to ask of me - or of any decent human being, for that matter?

No comments: