Thursday, September 9, 2010

Feel so much pain when I read about couples in church getting divorced. I know of at least one sister in my church who got divorced... seems that her husband left her for another woman. Can't imagine the pain she had to go through. And yet she's still serving God faithfully and raising up her kids.

And I think of myself. What would I be like? Oh God, help me ever and always stay true to You and my future wife and never ever betray. Have mercy on my soul and help me flee like the wind, like Joseph, if and when I'm tempted to betray the covenant I would make before You.

The older I get, the more aware I become of all the sexual temptations that lie around... hiding in wait like enemy machine guns bearing down on hapless soldiers walking into an ambush. Or sometimes these temptations are so blatant. Just look at the ads in public now. No way I can tell my kids to cover their eyes... they'll just bump.

But in a crooked and depraved generation, thank God all is not lost. We can immunise our kids. We can't stop them from having to live in a world plagued by sin, but we can help strengthen their spiritual immune systems.

Hee. I was sharing with Yufen and Marcus some time back that after reading Proverbs so many times and looking at the world around me... Now I understand why the father kept warning his son (and a young son some more - probably only about 12 years old!) about the dangers of adultery.

Because adultery is such a terrible and destructive temptation that you HAVE to start immunising your kids against it from young. Just read Proverbs 2, 5, 6 and 7...

:\

No comments: