Monday, April 20, 2009

Seed of Impossibility



I love this quote that was given during today's sermon:
'The seed for a great miracle lies not in difficulty but in impossibility.'
This is really where the name of God is glorified. For I've been blessed beyond measure, and by His grace alone I'll overcome.
In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself
In battles won
For I’ve been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone, I overcome

Oh, I could stop and count successes
Like diamonds in my hands
But these trophies could not equal
To the grace, by which I stand

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory
In the power of the cross

In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone
Oooh. I so want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death...

I think God has been helping me change my attitude towards problems and so on. Instead of becoming negative, I've slowly started finding my heart strangely warmed and changing. I'm starting to find a strange joy in all these difficulties - that every difficulty and problem is a glorious opportunity for God to manifest His power, His dynamite power...

I don't know how or why, but it seems that it's the work of the Word and the Spirit that is strangely transforming my heart's attitude. Oooh! I hope I can become stranger and stranger, rejoicing in the midst of every circumstance and difficulty.

God just is so GREAT AND GOOD. =)

No comments: