Monday, April 6, 2009

I was talking with some things on my heart with Huaqiang after DMM. And gosh, I was very surprised and touched by HQ's own sharing in return. I didn't realise until now that both of us, though we have differences in communication styles, feel deeply about the same set of values and vision...

Yet another testimony to the unity of the Spirit... that we may be different in our strengths, giftings, talents and personalities... but we are members of the same body!

Anyway, yes, he told me that just because my strengths and giftings may not be relevant to this CG, doesn't mean that I'm not part of this CG. That so took me by surprise. 'Cos I'd always thought that I had to contribute something deemed useful in order to be really part of a caregroup. But that's ... not really what it means to be part of the Body of Christ.

Nah. The finger cannot say to the eye, "I don't need you!" And the eye cannot say to the ear, "I don't need you!"

And even if some parts seem less honourable... or less important... like the nose... actually, when you zoom out, and look at the whole Body, the nose is important. Every part of the body has a role to play. Like, the intestines. It has to literally handle crap everyday, but... if you remove the intestines, I bet you the body isn't going to last very long.

And then HQ added another insightful thought: The left eye sees one thing, and the right eye sees another thing. When you combine the two together, you get something even better.

Anyway, I felt very encouraged to know that I'm not the only one who have these thoughts and feelings. It's a great encouragement, when you sometimes feel that you're the only one charging out of the trenches into withering enemy fire... that you suddenly see your leader much further ahead, by himself alone some more, courageously leading the way.

And you look left, and you look right, and you realise that you are not alone in this great fight of the faith. Your fellow comrades to the left, and to the right, giving their holiest and their bestest... "The kingdom of God is forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it."

Yup. I also need to learn to draw strength from my fellow brothers in this good fight. Thank God I am so blessed to have a company of brothers whom I can call upon for mutual support.

So much better than my traumatic early days in NUS, when my CL had to step down, and I had to stand up and fill in the gap temporarily to support my UL in holding the flock (we barely managed to) - and I had only been in the NUS ministry for just one semester!

I can really laugh now, but back then it was really scary and difficult... with much tears and discouragement and a lot of fumbling around and firefighting (I didn't even have any previous coreteam experience, let alone lead a CG... that was how desperate the pastoral situation was). It was really drama... but God really is the Master Scriptwriter.

And I felt so alone at that time. :) And truth be told, I didn't know how to handle these emotions well. But haha thankful now that I've learnt a lot more through these years... or rather, God has taught me through my bros and sisters in church. :)

But now, things are different, and better now. Praise the Lord indeed. =) So I am not alone after all. What a gladness, what a relief, what an encouragement.

Yup. Just feel very blessed and thankful after the time of sharing with HQ. And his heart to see the CG grow. Yay. Yes, I'm with you brother heart and soul for the Lord... (though I may be rather slow to understand and to follow... but I will do my best to pick up speed!)

Anyway also very encouraged to see that we have very similar, if not the same, viewpoints of ministry in church and serving people. Gosh. Again, this encourages me very much. Yup, may God lead us into all truth, that we can build this church God's way! Yeah and aye-men. :)

We are ordinary, imperfect people.
But we have an extraordinary and perfect God!

Aye-men indeed. :)

No comments: