Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday Service @ St. Andrew's Cathedral

Today, I went for the Good Friday service at St. Andrew's Cathedral. And I was so, so deeply ministered within. No, it's not I've gone to another church or even am thinking of... it's just that I had this specific desire to go down and just receive more spiritual input.

Perhaps it might have been God prompting me to go? =)

And when I went in, I was quite shy, hoping no one'd notice me - or God forbid - that I should meet any of my friends/acquaintances from St. Andrews! 'Else I'd have to explain, and I wasn't really eager to take the time to do so.

So I went in. And whoa, most of the speakers (it was a three-hour service, with plenty of passages for meditation) who shared their sharings, really were very good speakers! (I know one of them did make me nod off a bit... hee) Though they all wore similar robes, they came from very different walks of life.

And I was awed by how the same God works in each one of them. :)

Anyway, I've twittered some of my own meditations... but I think yeah, thank God, He confirmed through some of the passages something that He'd been impressing strongly in my heart recently.

It was a gradual unfolding revelation and now I see with my heart, not just my mind. :)



'Cos I had been thinking about what Huaqiang wrote, what Hong Teck wrote, what even Denise and an NMP wrote... they were all pointing to the one same thing: "Act out the change you want to see and be."

And this verse kept coming to mind: "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and act according to His good purpose."

And... my own character weaknesses... flaw, I guess you could say - about being lazy and unfaithful to deliver what I had promised... that someone pointed out to me recently.

And, while spending time with Andrew my neighbour, observed his life and action... oh my goodness. I was very struck by his godly character - not just good behaviour - and caring heart, even though he is way younger than me.

And I realised he so reflects the character of Christ in many ways. Of course, I know he has his weaknesses, but it's a very good reflection, nevertheless.

And at this point I remember Liyan sharing something during one of the HopeSem lessons. I can't remember the exact content of what she shared, but the way she said, and what she said, was so stunning to me, and I hope to many others too, that I think she genuinely loves everyone around her.

OMG.

So I have hope, a living hope, that I can, it really is possible, and God wants me to - that I can really start a new life every day, a life that is newer and newer each new day. A life that purposely mimics Christ's life.

Yay. I want to be more like Jesus, until the end of time.

Aye-men. :)

Thank God so much for our fellow Christians serving there at St. Andrew's. :) Blessed by their welcoming, hospitable spirit of opening up their grounds for anyone to come in. =)

No comments: