Thursday, April 16, 2009

Had a good time helping Andrew with his resume and cover letter last night. We also ate curry rice + lasagna.

Then we talked about things. Super-blessed by his advice, and sharing of testimonies as well.

One thing that I remember is how he makes sense of his experiences. He shared what he learnt about God's character, God's faithfulness and the biblical principles that he learnt and experienced through these experiences.

Ah.

You know, one thing struck me just now. When the Bible said that "one generation shall commend Your works to another", it didn't just mean the older to the younger. Nooo. In this case, it was the younger testifying to the older.

And it's such a joy to see how good God is.

I want to grow in being able to go one step further. Not only testify how faithful and good God is to me, but also to see what He is teaching me through these experiences. How He is training and equipping me.

So. I was reflecting, and I realised that in the past few months, especially since my last birthday, I realise that God has been teaching me to grow in appreciative love. A heart that appreciates. He put around me people, e.g. Andrew, Huili, Clarence and some other people who can really see and appreciate the good things in others very well.

I am learning too how to be a better disciple-maker, and a sounder thinker as well. And I stand more and more in awe of Jesus the Nazarene. He really is the Teacher of teachers!

I also reflected on the fact that we shouldn't blindly follow forms and traditions, no matter how well-intentioned they are. We need to be like the noble Bereans, who examined the Scriptures every day to see if what was preached to them was true. To be able to give a reason for the hope that we have, just as 1 Peter says.

Also, I am beginning to see that following someone's example in following Christ is really a very fast way to grow. So have grown in observing the good hearts and minds of my fellow Christians. And I think God may be challenging me to set a stronger example for my sheep too. To be more intentional.

May we all learn to have more and more open hearts and minds to allow God to transform us. Transform us by the renewing of our minds. Then we will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments: